Cynthia M. Ruiz is an author, professor, commissioner, inspirational speaker and leadership expert. She is half Latina and half Cherokee, and she decided to write a book based on her Cherokee heritage. It’s called Cherokee Wisdom: 12 Lessons for Becoming a Powerful Leader. She wrote the book because she realized the wisdom she gained from her ancestors was missing today and could be applied to many of today’s modern dilemmas.
Cynthia has received over 50 awards and accolades for her leadership and service to the city of Los Angeles. She currently serves as a LA City Commissioner and oversees a multi-billion-dollar pension portfolio. She also appeared in the movie Discover the Gift, which also featured the Dalai Lama and Rev. Michael Beckwith.
On the show, you’ll learn:
- A few Cherokee leadership lessons about integrity, humility and inner-strength that you can apply to your own life.
- How Cynthia overcame a challenging past and moved forward with her life.
- About her work fostering leadership in young girls and women with the Girls Today, Women Tomorrow program.
- About her recent experience attending the women’s march in Los Angeles.
- What her thoughts are on the latest developments with the Dakota Access pipeline.
- Cherokee Wisdom: 12 Lessons for Becoming a Powerful Leader by Cynthia Ruiz
- Discover the Gift - The Movie
- Girls Today, Women Tomorrow
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book) by Don Miguel Ruiz
Connect with Cynthia
Enjoy the show? Subscribe below!
You can subscribe to the Hell Yes Life podcast on iTunes, Google Play or Stitcher. Please leave an honest rating and review. These are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated!